Like me you need a tool to manage an internal tournament for your badminton club website and didn’t find anything to fill exactly your need…
Maybe Bad Tournament can help you.
Feedback is welcome for thie initial release, because I can’t figure all your need. 😉
This tool allows administrators to create and manage different tournaments like:
– Grinding tournament
– Swiss System
– KO System (in future Version 2.x)
– League (in future Version 2.x)
You will be able to manage clubs, players, matches…
With help of few shortcodes, it’s really easy to display infos ( tournament summary, table, matches…) on the frontend website.
There is no option to directly edit the layout, but if you have css knowledge you can customize the layout on the frontend site.
You can edit your theme css file or better add a bad-tournament.css file in your theme folder.
Documentation is (will be) available on eTalkers.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/bad-tournamentdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Use the ‘Bad Tournament’ Link to manage your tournaments
- Create a tournament
- Add (or not) clubs
- Add players
- Generate first matches
- Add shortcodes to your pages or posts
What is the best way to get support ?
I will try to answer very quickly any request posted on the wordpress.org forum here.
But please, describe correctly your issue and be patient…
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Bad Tournament” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
1.4 – *.2018
- Debug options
- Fix a lot of bugs for double tournaments
- Add profile pictures for players
- Shortcode for defined matches
- Live scoring
= 1.3 – Not released
* Allow to set fixed rounds for a tournament
* Allow to update more matches in one step
* Option to quickly reset a tournament
1.2 – 19.01.2018
- Import / Export
1.1 – 19.01.2018
- Better infos about updates displayed in the admin area
- First translation files (DE)
1.0.2 – 19.01.2018
- Tournament selector shortcode
- Bugs Fix for oldier PHP versions
1.0.1 – 16.01.2018
- WordPress admin layout
- Phone view
- Minor bugs fix for matches shortcodes
- Shortcode tournament summary enhanced (logo + layout)
- Grid tournament for Simple games (not only double or mixed)
- Restrict players based on sex
- Display number of selected players
- Uninstall process ( delete options, DB cleanup )
1.0 – 09.01.2018
- Initial release: basic features