Create chat threads using WordPress Blocks inside app and mobile wrappers.
Chatterbox can be used for:
* Demos of chat bots
* Publishing chat records in news stories
* A fun way to add striking visual display to conversations
At launch, Chatterbox allows display of chats with messages and timestamps in inbound and outbound styles.
Chat threads can be displayed without a background, in an app container, in mobile phones and other computer screens.
Learn more about what’s on the roadmap.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/chatterboxdirectory or search for “Chatterbox” in the WordPress Admin’s Plugin screen.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Go to the Block Editor and type
/chatterboxto get started.
- Is Chatterbox a live chat service?
No, Chatterbox is a display block — there are no interactive chat features.
- Can I customize the fonts and colors?
At launch, these features aren’t in Chatterbox — hopefully in the next few months!
- Wouldn’t it be great it chats were animated? Had names? Avatars? Etc?
Yes. Yes it would. Those kind of features are on the on the roadmap!
Some of these features will rely on new features in the Gutenberg project. Once those are out in the wild, Chatterbox will be getting some love.
Contributors & Developers
“Chatterbox” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial Public Release