Disable All WordPress Updates, File Editors and Gutenberg is a handy tool that allows you to disable all types of automatic updates on WordPress,
plugins and themes, theme-plugin editors and Gutenberg editor. Besides, it also helps you with enabling ‘debugging’ mode, debug log and display errors when
you’re troubleshooting your website.
Don’t want unwanted updates to wreck your site? Just install this plugin, enable it and relax!
This plugin allows you to not only disable all types of default random updates and default editors that can accidentally break your WordPress site but also helps you contol you other constants (like WP_DEBUG, WP_DEBUG_LOG, WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY, FS_METHOD) on WP-Config.php file which are oftenly used and thus preventing the need to edit WP-Config file manually!
This plugin uses the wp-cli/wp-config-transformer command for writing constants to
- Disables major and minor updates of WordPress.
- Disables all auto-updates and manual updates of plugins from dashboard.
- Disables default plugin editor.
- Disables default theme editor.
- Allows you to disable the Gutenberg editor on posts and pages.
- Allows you to disable the Gutenberg editor on your widgets.
- Allows you to enable ‘debugging’ mode on your WordPress site.
- Allows you to enable debug logging on WordPress site.
- Allows you to enable display of errors and warnings on WordPress site.
- Allows you to set FS_METHOD to ‘direct’ mode.
Requires permission to wp-config file to work with plugin properly
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/disable-automatic-updates-and-theme-editorsdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Access the plugin under Settings > Disable Updates
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Disable All Automatic Updates and Theme Editors” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Tested with WordPress version 6.1.1
*New – Added options for WordPress Debugging