GamiPress is the easiest way to gamify your WordPress website in just a few minutes, letting you award your users with digital rewards for interacting with your site.
Easily define the achievements, organize requirements, and choose from a range of assessment options to determine whether each task or requirement has been successfully achieved.
GamiPress is extremely powerful and infinitely extensible. Check out some of the built in features:
3 powerful ways to award your users
GamiPress combines three of the most powerful award systems you could add to your site:
- Points to automatically award your users for interacting with your site.
- Achievements to award users for completing all the requirements, sequentially or otherwise.
- Ranks to let your users climb through the ranks by completing all the rank requirements.
Unlimited ways to define how to award the different points, achievements and ranks
- Site activity (events based on publishing posts and pages, commenting, daily visits or logging in to your site).
- Completing specific other achievements, once or a specified number of times.
- Completing one or all achievements of a specified type.
- Points thresholds.
- Admin awarded achievements.
- Reaching a specific rank.
- Expending an amount of points.
- Points Types: Configure as many types of points as you like (Credits, Gems, Coins, etc).
- Achievement Types: Configure as many types of achievement as you like (Quests, Badges, etc).
- Rank Types: Configure as many types of rank as you like (Level, Grade, etc).
- Automatic points awards and deductions: Easily configure automatic ways to award or deduct points to your users.
- Custom requirements: Define conditional requirements the user needs to meet for unlock any achievement or rank.
- Time limit requirements: Limit by time period when the user can complete a specific requirement (minutely, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or yearly).
- Drag and drop controls: Powerful controls to setup your gamification environment in minutes.
- Social sharing: Users can share the achievements and ranks they have earned on any social network of their choice.
- Unlock achievements and ranks using points: Let users to optionally unlock any achievement or rank by expending an amount of points without meet the requirements.
- Emails: Your users will get notified automatically about new awards.
- Logs: Flexible log system with support for public and private logs.
- Open Badges compatible: Connect your site achievements with Badgr or Credly to issue open badges as an official recognition of the skills of your users.
- Blocks, Shortcodes & Widgets: WordPress-friendly blocks, shortcodes and widgets to show the user points wallet, earned achievements, latest logs, and more.
- Live shortcode editor: Missing a shortcode parameter? Just press the “GamiPress Shortcode” button and set up any shortcode without a worry.
- GDPR Support: Support for WordPress personal data exports and deletions.
- Theme Agnostic: GamiPress works with just about any standard WordPress theme. No special hooks or theme updates are needed.
- Templates System: Overwritable templates system to allow you customize everything you want through your GamiPress theme folder.
- Data centralization on Multisite: Centralize all the data on multisite installs and show anything you want on any sub-site.
- Rest API: Full support to WordPress rest API brings you new ways to connect GamiPress with external applications.
- Developer-friendly: GamiPress is extremely flexible with plenty of hooks to add custom features and functionalities.
Integrated with your favorites WordPress plugins
GamiPress integrates with a large number of plugins allowing you to add gamification in any environment.
- Gravity Forms
- Contact Form 7
- Ninja Forms
- Formidable Forms
- Divi Forms
- Elementor Forms
- WP Fluent Forms
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Youtube & Vimeo
- Ultimate Member
- The Events Calendar
- Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
- Meta Box
- Download Manager
Powerful add-ons to extend GamiPress
WordPress.org is home to some amazing extensions for GamiPress, including:
- Button & Link
- Transfers Notes
- Leaderboards Include/Exclude Users
- LearnDash Group Leaderboard
- BuddyPress Group Leaderboard
- Block Users
- Notifications By Type
- Multimedia Content
- Activity by Category
If you’re looking for something endorsed and maintained by the developers who built GamiPress, there are a plethora of premium add-ons, the most popular of which include:
- Social Share
- Progress Map
- Restrict Content
- Reports & Frontend Reports
- Daily Login Rewards
- Time-based Rewards
More plugins from the GamiPress team
If you like GamiPress, you will love AutomatorWP! The most powerful no-code automator plugin that lets you connect +100 plugins together or with apps, platforms with webhooks plus other WordPress sites.
From WordPress backend
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add new.
- Click the button “Upload Plugin” next to “Add plugins” title.
- Upload the downloaded zip file and activate it.
- Upload the downloaded zip file into your
- Unzip the uploaded zip file.
- Navigate to Plugins menu on your WordPress admin area.
- Activate this plugin.
Is GamiPress compatible with any theme?
We built GamiPress so that it will work with modern WordPress themes. GamiPress just adds positional styles which will allow you to better customize everything for your specific needs.
Can GamiPress be easily translated?
Yes, GamiPress is stored in the official WordPress plugins repository where you (and anyone) are able to submit your own translations.
Does GamiPress work with WordPress multisite?
Yes. You can use GamiPress on a WordPress multisite network.
In addition, GamiPress has the ability to centralize all the data when is network wide active.
Does GamiPress work with WordPress rest API?
Yes. GamiPress includes full built-in support to the WordPress rest API.
You can find all information about rest API on this page.
Where can I find documentation about GamiPress?
Check the Getting Started docs where you can start getting familiarized with GamiPress.
Also, we have the tutorials sections where you can find step-by-step guides to accomplish some common task to start working with GamiPress.
Where can I find code snippets to customize GamiPress?
Check our customize section where you can find a huge number of code snippets to help you customize GamiPress.
Where can I find images to customize the GamiPress elements?
Check our assets section where you can find a huge number of resources to decorate your gamification elements to take the design of them to the next level.
Which shortcodes come bundled with GamiPress?
GamiPress comes with the following shortcodes:
- [gamipress_achievement] to display a desired achievement.
- [gamipress_achievements] to display a list of achievements.
- [gamipress_last_achievements_earned] to display the last achievements earned.
- [gamipress_earnings] to display a list of user earnings.
- [gamipress_logs] to display a list of logs.
- [gamipress_points_types] to display a list of points types with their points awards and deducts.
- [gamipress_user_points] to display current or specific user points balance.
- [gamipress_site_points] to display current or specific site points balance.
- [gamipress_points] to display current or specific user or site points balance.
- [gamipress_rank] to display a desired rank.
- [gamipress_ranks] to display a list of ranks.
- [gamipress_user_rank] to display previous, current and/or next rank of a user.
- [gamipress_email_settings] to display the user email notifications preferences for the GamiPress emails.
- [gamipress_inline_achievement] to display a desired achievement inline.
- [gamipress_inline_last_achievements_earned] to display the last achievements earned inline.
- [gamipress_inline_rank] to display a desired rank inline.
- [gamipress_inline_user_rank] to display previous, current and/or next rank of a user inline.
In your WordPress admin area, navigate to the GamiPress Help/Support menu where you can find the full list of available shortcodes, including descriptions of all parameters each shortcode supports.
Which blocks and widgets come bundled with GamiPress?
GamiPress comes with the following blocks and widgets:
- Achievement: to display a desired achievement.
- Achievements: to display a list of achievements.
- Last Achievements Earned: to display a list of the latest achievements earned.
- User Earnings: to display a list of user earnings.
- Logs: to display a list of logs.
- Points Types: to display a list of points types with their points awards and deducts.
- User Points: to display current or specific user points balance.
- Rank: to display a desired rank.
- Ranks: to display a list of ranks.
- User Rank: to display previous, current and/or next rank of a user.
- Email Settings: to display the user email notifications preferences for the GamiPress emails.
- Inline Achievement: to display a desired achievement inline.
- Inline Last Achievements Earned: to display a list of the latest achievements earned inline.
- Inline Rank: to display a desired rank inline.
- Inline User Rank: to display previous, current and/or next rank of a user inline.
Do you offer custom development services?
No, We’re unable to provide custom development services, as our focus is developing the core GamiPress plugin, and the official GamiPress add-ons. If you need customization services check our customizations page.
Also, you can check our customize section where you can find a huge number of code snippets to help you customize GamiPress!
Contributors & Developers
“GamiPress – The most flexible and powerful gamification plugin for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“GamiPress – The most flexible and powerful gamification plugin for WordPress” has been translated into 7 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- New Features
- Added the attribute “force_responsive” to the [gamipress_earnings] shortcode.
- Added the option “Force responsive” to Earnings block and widget.
- Improved the user earnings display in small areas or small screens.
- Updated some labels to better guide users when configuring GamiPress.
- Added more performance improvements to the user meta and post meta listeners.
- Moved the option “Log all events” to a WordPress hook to get enabled only through code.
- Added several performance improvements to the user meta and post meta listeners.
- New Features
- New event: Get user meta updated with any value.
- New event: Get user meta updated with a value.
- New event: Post meta updated with any value.
- New event: Post meta updated with any value.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed incorrect use of gamipress_get_user_rank_id() in rank template (thanks @tambaqui fixes #24)
- Added more nonce checks to prevent CSRF attacks.
- Bug Fixes
- Prevent to use global options on multisite when GamiPress is not network wide active.
- Developer Notes
- Moved old changelog to changelog.txt file.
- Set GamiPress 2.5.0 as new stable release! 🙂