Internal linking made easy. Find internal linking opportunities and manage current internal links with ease.
A solid internal link structure is crucial for search engine optimisation (SEO), but if you’ve got a large website, it can be difficult to find anchor texts and manage existing internal links.
We’ve made managing internal linking a breeeeeeeeze.
- Find internal linking opportunities
- Manage existing internal links on a page by page basis
- See a full breakdown of your internal linking score and areas for improvement.
- View anchor texts and duplicated internal links
- Export data to spreadsheets
Note that linking requires manual processing – this plugin does not automatically create links for you as that are potentially harmful to your SEO efforts
PHP 5.6 or greater is recommended before installation
- Navigate to the plugins menu.
- Search for ‘Internal Link Finder’
- Click ‘Install Now’ followed by ‘Activate’
- You’ll now be able to use the plugin within the frontend of your site.
How does it work?
The plugin initialises on the front-end of your website (for admins only).
- When logged in to your website, browse to a page, post or custom post type that you want to improve internal linking. This is the target page.
- Click on the Wilo icon to initialise the interface
- You’ll be greeted with a list of pages that are currently linking to the target page. You’ll also see a breakdown of anchor texts and a few scores across the top of the page. This is your Internal Linking Score (ILS). You can read up on this in the docs
- Use the potential links tab to find potential internal linking opportunities
Why does this plugin improve your on-page SEO?
If your site has a well planned internal link structure, search engines are better able to understand how you are prioritizing your content.
If you produce landing pages for your website, using this plugin will help you ensure that the internal page rank of your important pages is high and linked to by a broad range of other pages with anchor texts that strengthen your on-page SEO.
How can I improve SEO with this plugin?
This plugin is designed to help manage internal links. This plugin will not automatically improve your SEO upon installation but it is a great tool to help improve on-page SEO and achieve results over longer periods of time.
Why should you use this plugin?
Your on-page SEO and internal link structure are the first things you need to get sorted on a website before you even think about going after organic listings or starting a paid advertising campaign.
A messy internal link structure confuses the search engines and prevents them from building a proper understanding of your site’s content.
This plugin is not a magic bullet that automatically fixes everything, it’s designed for use on larger sites to provide SEOs with really useful internal link opportunities.
Why is this plugin not automatic?
When you are performing on-page SEO on your website, you don’t want everything linking back to internal pages. This can look spammy and do more harm than good to your SEO.
Wilo is designed so that you can make decisions yourself and find the best internal link opportunities on your site – it does require some basic SEO knowledge, so it’s been designed to highlight potential links rather than to automatically link everything.
Why am I seeing false positives?
Wilo searches everything in your site’s database; posts, pages, custom post types and custom fields (in the premium version), so you will get some false-positive results.
This isn’t a bug in the plugin as it’s designed to show you all the possibilities, even if you then discount some of them.
We are constantly working to improve the algorithm to reduce false positives and return cleaner results.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Internal Link Optimiser” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WordPress Internal Link Optimiser” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.