Popup, Email Newsletter, User Registration & Form Builder
MailOptin is a form builder and popup builder for creating popups, subscribe forms, user registration form and sending email newsletters.
Displays signup forms, targeted messages and call-to-actions across your website with a popup (lightbox or modal), in-post subscription form, notification bars, slide-in (or scroll box), sidebar widget.
Automatically notify your subscribers and WordPress users every time you publish new content on your blog. MailOptin sends blog posts as email newsletters. Learn more
Our forms are GDPR compliant.
This is the lite version of the MailOptin Premium plugin that comes with all essential features to build your email list. Click here to purchase the best WordPress subscribe form & email newsletter plugin.
Take Test Drive
- Create a demo sandbox to see how MailOptin works first hand as well as the admin backend.
Features of MailOptin Lite
- Lightbox/Popup optin forms – Overlays above your content to grab your visitor’s attention. See Demo
- Before & After Post optin forms – Optimal for converting your blog readers and website page viewers. See Demo
- Sidebar/Widget optin forms – The most popular method of building an email list. See Demo
- Calls to Action – Display targeted messages to your website visitors with a call-to-action button included urging them to act.
- Spam Protection – MailOptin utilizes smart Honeypot method to stop spam contact form submissions. Additionally, there is reCAPTCHA protection available in the premium version.
- Page-level Targeting – lets you display optin or email signup form in specific posts and pages of your WordPress site.
- New Post Notification: It allows you to create automated email newsletters of new blog posts (can be restricted to specific post categories and tags) to all registered users or users of specific roles immediately after they are published. This makes the process of keeping in touch with your subscribers or users very easy.
- Email Digest: It allows you to create automated daily, weekly and monthly email newsletters of published posts.
- Broadcasts: It allows you to send one-off emails to your registered users. Pro version can send to your list subscribers on Mailchimp, AWeber etc.
- Scheduling: It allows you to set when the newsletter will be sent. Could be immediately after a post is published or a few minutes, hours and days after publication.
- Beautiful and Responsive Email template ready to send out newsletters.
Integrates with All Email Marketing Platforms
MailOptin works with all popular email marketing software and CRM including Mailchimp, AWeber, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, Sendy, Mailerlite, MailPoet, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, Infusionsoft by Keap, Drip, Sendinblue, EmailOctopus, HubSpot, Jilt, Ontraport CRM, Mailjet, Klaviyo, Sendlane, Mailster, Moosend, Gist, VerticalResponse, Zoho CRM, Zoho Campaigns, Emma, SendFox, SendGrid Email Marketing, GoDaddy Email Marketing, CleverReach, GetResponse, weMail and FluentCRM.
User Registration Forms
MailOptin integrates with WordPress user system so you can create custom user registration forms that can be embedded, a popup, slide-in, notification bar etc.
Integration with Form Plugins
MailOptin integrates with Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7, Ninja Forms, WPForms, Formidable Forms, Forminator and Elementor forms so you can capture and save leads to your email marketing software and CRMs.
Intuitive Form & Template Builder
You don’t have to be a designer or hire one to build high converting optin forms. Our powerful drag & drop builder allows you to create conversion-optimized forms and email newsletter templates.
Features of MailOptin Premium
MailOptin integrates WordPress with all major email marketing providers to send automated newsletters and event-triggered emails. This can be very useful if your email marketing service lacks such.
For example, Sendy is a newsletter application without integration with WordPress to send new publish post notifications to an email list. MailOptin bridges this gap and delivers your post content immediately they are published.
Use MailOptin today to deliver new post notification and email digest newsletters to your email list at Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Campaign Monitor, Klaviyo, ActiveCampaign, Infusionsoft, Sendinblue, SendGrid, Mailjet, CleverReach etc.
A/B Testing: Take out the guesswork
Marketers are constantly using trial and error to guess what will be most effective — but they shouldn’t have to. A/B content testing lets you see what optin campaign will be most effective before you share it with your larger audience. No more guesswork.
MailOptin ships with an easy built-in A/B testing feature that enables you to make data-driven decisions that will improve your conversions and revenue for any optin campaign. Learn more
More highly converting optin types
There are cases where you would find popups, sidebar and in-post optin forms an inappropriate solution. That is why we offer different optin form types such as notification bars and slide-ins so you don’t have to rely on one way of collecting leads and install multiple software and platforms to achieve them.
Powerful Content Locker
Block a portion of your content for subscribers only. Content locking requires users to enter their email addresses in order to see the full article, otherwise they will see a blured content.
WooCommerce Order, Customer & Checkout Integration
MailOptin automatically syncs your customers to your email list or gives them the option to subscribe during checkout.
Want to segment your customers based on their order from a specific product category or tag? you’re covered.
Conversion Boosting Optin Display Rules & Triggers
MailOptin includes several WooCommerce display rules & triggers to display targeted call-to-actions across your WooCommerce shop. Want to display a popup when a product is added to the cart? we’ve got you covered. The following conditions are available for creating upsells, down-sells & cross-sells: Products in Cart, Customer has Purchased, Cart Item Count, Cart Total and Customer Spent.
Timing is everything. This is why MailOptin continually tracks visitors interaction on your website and display the right message or optin form at the right time they are likely to convert.
If your opt-in form displays too early, your reader might not yet be willing to subscribe and waiting too long will make you lose out on new leads. Our Pageviews and Time on Site triggers give you fine-grained control over the display of your optin campaigns.
The Scroll Trigger display optin forms or messages only after a visitor scrolls a down a specific percentage of your page.
The Click Launch Trigger display optin forms when a link, button or image on your site is clicked. Useful for implementing content upgrades.
AdBlock Detection helps you detect users using AdBlocking software such as AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin so you can display another content to them.
The Referrer Detection can automatically track sources of web traffic and create optin forms, call to actions and custom messages targeted from a specific traffic source.
The Device Targeting allows you to target your optins to desktop, mobile and tablet users for a better user experience and increased conversion.
Other great features include but not limited to:
- Custom Fields: Add extra fields to your optin form to capture additional data from subscribers.
- Optin Campaign Schedule: Allows you to specify a start and end date when an optin campaign is scheduled for display.
- Advance Analytics: Get important metrics to improve your lead-generation strategy and make data-driven decisions to increase your revenue.
- Custom CSS: An advance customization feature that allows you to customize your optin campaigns with your CSS styles.
- Display Effect: 30+ built-in CSS3 animation effects to capture your visitor’s attention and bring awareness to your optin forms.
- Sound Effect: Play sounds when your optin campaigns are displayed to grab users attention. Learn more
- MailOptin Leads: It stores your leads within MailOptin as well as important data about your subscribers that normally can’t be passed to your ESP such as the referrer, time of conversion and where it occurred.
- Shortcode & Template Tag Embed: Display optin forms anywhere on your website page and posts with shortcodes and anywhere on your theme with template tags.
- Autoresponder: Immediately send an email to leads or subscribers that sign up to your email list.
- Email Notification after Conversion: lets you get immediate notification emails whenever a new subscriber is added.
- Facebook Custom Audience Integration: saves leads to Facebook custom audiences so you can retarget them later.
- And lots more to come.
If you like this plugin, then consider checking out our other products:
- ProfilePress – The best custom registration, login, front-end profile and user management plugin in the market.
This plugin provides 1 block.
Installing MailOptin is just like any other WordPress plugin.
Navigate to your WordPress “Plugins” page, inside of your WordPress dashboard, and follow these instructions:
- In the search field enter MailOptin. Click “Search Plugins”, or hit Enter.
- Select MailOptin and click either “Details” or “Install Now”.
- Once installed, click “Activate”.
Who should use MailOptin?
MailOptin is perfect for business owners, bloggers, designers, developers, photographers, and everyone else.
Do I need to have coding skills to use MailOptin?
No. You can create and manage optin forms and newsletters without any coding knowledge (Intuitive form & email template builder).
I’d like access to all features. How can I get them?
You can get access to more features and support by upgrading to our Premium version. Purchasing a Premium license gets you an access to the full version of MailOptin, automatic updates and faster support.
Is MailOptin translation ready?
Yes, MailOptin has full translation and localization support. All .mo and .po translation files should go into the languages folder in the base of the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Popup, Optin Form & Email Newsletters for Mailchimp, HubSpot, AWeber – MailOptin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Popup, Optin Form & Email Newsletters for Mailchimp, HubSpot, AWeber – MailOptin” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Interested in development?
- Removed the Full Site Editing callout in customizer.
- Fixed bug where VTI was matching in a link.
- Added LearnDash to ESP integration.
- Added filter to hubspot properties.
- Added filter to the admin email that receives optin error messages
- Added shortcode optin embed support for all display rules.
- Fixed fatal error conflict with Astra theme.
- Added newsman integration.
- Added email automation support to zoho campaigns.
- Improved the reliability of the new Constant Contact authentication.
- Move to a new authentication system for Constant Contact v3 integration. Learn more
- Added support for new Constant Contact v3 integration endpoints – REAUTHORIZE URGENTLY.
- Added new sidebar and inpost optin themes.
- Pro feature Sync WooCommerce customers to ESP support after a purchase.
- Added filter to disable gutenberg block.
- Fixed bug where not all AWeber list were retrieved.
- Fixed bug with background image change not reflecting in customizer.
- Added filter to post collection function.
- Added alt when optin image is present.
- Improved CCv3 oauth connection.
- Switched hubspot to more v3 endpoints
- Pro feature optin sound effect.
- Added ‘mo-optin-success-state’ class to optin form when a user subscribes.
- Increased HubSpot cache expiration time.
- Fixed range slider customizer control.
See the changelog file for full change log information.