PayHere is a Sri Lankan Payment Gateway Service that enables you to accept payments online from your customers via Visa, MasterCard, Amex, eZcash, mCash & Internet Banking services. You can install this plugin to list PayHere as a payment method in your WooCommerce store.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the WooCommerce->Settings->Checkout->PayHere screen to configure the plugin with your PayHere Merchant Account
- Make sure you tick the Sandbox Mode checkbox if you want to test the plugin with your PayHere Sandbox account
How to sign up for a PayHere Merchant Account?
Go to PayHere website & apply for a Merchant Account.
How to enable On-site checkout?
Go to WooCommerce Settings > Payments > PayHere > Manage and tick “Enable On-site checkout”
Does the plugin support WooCommerce Subscriptions?
Yes. Supported Subscription products can be checked out with the gateway.
What are the limitations in support for WooCommerce Subscriptions?
- Only one subscription can be checked out at one time
- An order cannot contain normal and subscription products
- Trial and billing periods must be equal
- The trial length cannot be larger than one billing period
- Synchronized subscriptions are not supported
- The ‘daily’ billing period is not supported
- Free trials cannot be processed
How do customers use the Save Card Feature?
You should be a PayHere PREMIUM plan subscriber or using a PayHere Sandbox account to use this feature. After enabling the feature as explained in the “How do I use Use PayHere Tokenized Cards?”, customers will automatically see a “Save Card” tick mark when paying.
On their next visits, customers will be offered the option of paying with their saved card.
Can customers remove their Saved Card?
Yes. Customers should to navigate to My Account > Saved Cards. This menu will only appear for customers with saved cards.
Once in the menu, click “Remove Card”.
How do I integrate PayHere Tokenized Cards?
- You should be a PayHere PREMIUM plan subscriber or using a PayHere Sandbox account to use this feature
- Login to your PayHere Merchant Account
- Navigate to Settings > Business Apps > Create App
- Generate an App ID and App Secret
- Go to WooCommerce Settings > Payments > PayHere > Manage
- Click “Enable Tokenizer”
- Copy and paste the App ID and App Secret generated in Step 4
- Click Save
Can I view the list of customers with Pre-approved (saved) cards?
Yes. Navigate to WooCommerce > Cards on files
The plugin gets de-activated after updating to version 2.0.*
Go to WP-Admin > Plugins, and re-activated the PayHere plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce – PayHere Payment Gateway” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Initial public release
Fixed PayHere logo not showing issue
Fixed redirecting issue
Fixed Return URL issue in latest WP versions
Added support for On-site checkout
Fixed issue with On-site checkout in live mode
Fixed various issues
Fixed various issues
WooCommerce Subscription Support
Added support for Tokenized Payments
Added support for delete tokenized card payments
Added option to show/hide save card in frontend.
Fixed not Empty cart issue.
Fixed not auto redirecting issue on checkout page.
Fixed if woocommerce not active error plugin breaks and cannot login to the site.
Fixes bug caused by WordPress optimization, where Payment starts before PayHere.js is loaded.
Added better support for orders with many items
Added in-code order blacklisting capabilities
Small bug fix for Tokenize payments
Remove Auto Trigger authorize payment if Card is already tokenized
Hold on card support with small bug fixes
Small bug fix for invalid amount format
Small bug fix and add notice for hold on card support
Small bug fix for authorization payment activated by default
Fix a bug for some themes giving an error when editing a Post or a Page