WP-WebRTC2 is a WordPress CMS plugin that provides video-chat between two registered visitors to the site on which the plugin is installed. The number of pairs-interlocutor is unlimited. Within of this video-chat, the following are possible: exchange of text messages, files, video recording of a conversation, providing the interlocutor with a view of you computer screen during communication. You can also leave a message to the invited interlocutor, but who is currently not on the video-chat page. When this person appears on the video-chat page, he will read all the messages addressed to him from various registered participants. Then, these messages will be automatically deleted. Thus, if your interlocutor is not yet on the video-chat page, the autoresponder will automatically save your messages to the interlocutor until it appears on the video-chat page. The WP-WebRTC2 plugin is aimed at using browsers: Google Chrome, Fire Fox, Edge, Opera, Yandex.
You can send a letter to the developer at: email@example.com
- English [En]
- Russian [Ru]
WebRTC2_desktop application has been developed for a client workstation (personal computer or laptop) on the Windows platform, which provides video communication for two registered visitors to the site, on which the WP-WebRTC2 plugin is installed.After launch, the application is located in the system tray of Windows OS in the form of an icon waiting for a call to video communication. When a call comes in, the user can double-click the left mouse button on the icon and see the name of the caller. Right-clicking the user brings up the application menu:
– Setting – settings that the user makes after installing the application.
– Make a call – call the video communication window.
– Cancel call – сanceling an incoming call window.
– Exit – exit the application.
Download installation package WebRTC2_desktop.zip
Instructions for using the WebRTC2_desktop in languages: [Ru], [En]
- Download the plugin from the WordPress repository and activate it.
- Go to the plugin Settings section.
- Parameter WHO-IS service:
-set value: IP-API
- Parameter STUN server:
Leave the field blank.
- Parameter TURN server:
turn:server:port -set value: turn:openrelay.metered.ca:80?transport=udp
username account -set value: openrelayproject
password account -set value: openrelayproject
- Click the button Save.
- Insert a short code – [webrtc2] on any page to display video-chat.
Note: If this plugin was previously installed, it is recommended to deactivate and remove the previous plugin installation and then download and activate the new plugin installation.
Do I need to install additional software for this plugin to provide video chat?
The WP-WebRTC2 plugin does not require additional software. Signaling server functions are provided by the plugin itself. PHP signal ing modules are located in the subfolder of the plugin: wp-webrtc2/includes/ The signaling exchange data is stored in the:
get_option( ‘webrtc2_users_online’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_users_guests’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_ice_candidates’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_sdp_offer’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_sdp_answer’ );
get_option( ‘webrtc2_autoresponder’ );
What is the composition and structure of the plugin?
Anatomy of the plugin is described in the article [ru]: Anatomy of the WP-WebRTC2 Plugin
Does the choice of the Stun server in the plugin settings affect the speed of establishing a video chat?
The site administrator can enter one Stun server value in the plugin settings. The recommended list is located on the settings page and is optional. If this field is left blank, the plugin will automatically select the optimal Stun server for the video chat user. The selection criteria are: the common time zone of the Stun server and the video user, and the minimum time delay of the Stun server.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-WebRTC2” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First publication of the plugin.
- Tested up to: WordPress 5.3.
- Tested up to: WordPress 5.4.
- An experimental signaling algorithm has been developed that increases the likelihood of peer-to-peer connections in congested networks or not sufficient RAM on users’ computers. Further development of this version (1.1 …) will go in this direction.
- Improved video recording. The screens of two communication participants and text messaging are recorded in one .webm file.
- Refactoring code. Removed code fragment (ice restart).
- Added: webrtc2-processor.js (because ScriptProcessorNode is deprecated).
- Added: webrtc2-rest-api.php (for future development).
- The end user can create his own list of contacts in the Profile.
- Support for video communication from Android mobile devices.
- Remove support webrtc2-rest-api.php
- Using a midi-keyboard (virtual) and synthesizer.
- Remove support midi-keyboard (virtual) and synthesizer.
- Creating a table of user call statistics in the admin panel.
- Automatic health check of stun servers.