This plugin is an add-on for Seriously Simple Podcasting and requires at least v1.14.8 of Seriously Simple Podcasting in order to work.
Seriously Simple Podcasting is great for getting your audio (or video) content out there and making it available for everyone to find, but often you want to add that little bit of extra value for your listeners by supplying them with a written transcript of your episodes. Sure – you can do this by pasting all the text in your episode content, or adding a manual link in there, but a more automated and altogether cleaner option would be really great. That is exactly what this plugin provides.
Simply upload your transcript file (in any format) just like you would upload your podcast audio/video file and the link to download the transcript will appear underneath the episode media player with the rest of your episode details.
** Primary Seriously Simple Transcripts Add-On Features **
- Adds a new file upload field to your episodes for adding your transcript file
- Adds a ‘Download transcript’ link alongside the rest of the episode details on your episodes
- Adds a Gutenberg ‘Transcripts’ block
- Adds an Elementor ‘Transcripts’ block
- Adds a podcast:transcript tag to podcast RSS feeds
How to contribute
If you want to contribute to Seriously Simple Transcripts, you can fork the GitLab repository – all pull requests will be reviewed and merged if they fit into the goals for the plugin.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Castos Transcript Transcript of your episode. It won't be shown in the feed.
Installing “Seriously Simple Transcripts” can be done either by searching for “Seriously Simple Transcripts” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
What version of Seriously Simple Podcasting does this plugin require?
In order to use this plugin you need to have at least v1.14.8 of Seriously Simple Podcasting. If you do not have Seriously Simple Podcasting active or you are using a version older than v1.14.8 then this plugin will do nothing.
What if I only want the ‘Download transcript’ link to appear for some episodes, but not others?
The ‘Download transcript’ link will only appear on episodes to which you have uploaded a transcript file. If you don’t upload a file then the link will not appear.
What file formats can I use for my transcript files?
While PDF would be the most common file format for this kind of thing, you can upload absolutely any type of file that you like.
What if I host my transcript files on a different server and not inside my WordPress installation?
The transcript file works in exactly the same way as the podcast audio/video file – if you aren’t uploading it directly to your WordPress site, then all you need to do is paste the URL of the file into the ‘Transcript file’ field when editing your episode.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Seriously Simple Transcripts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Seriously Simple Transcripts” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Seriously Simple Transcripts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix: Transcripts block showed part of added text if it was long enough
- Added screenshots and updated Tested up to
- UPDATE SUMMARY: Code refactoring, Gutenberg and Elementor Transcripts blocks, support podcast:transcript tag
- [UPDATE] Code refactoring
- [UPDATE] Added Gutenberg Transcripts block
- [UPDATE] Added Elementor Transcripts block
- [UPDATE] Added Podcast 2.0 namespace tag podcast:transcript to RSS feeds
- Updated plugin author and Tested up to
- Initial release