The plugin adds small protest box to your website. By default it’s collapsed, but once clicked, the “Stop SOPA” box appears.
On settings page you can specify the position of the protest box: either at the right bottom corner or at the middle right edge.
You also can turn on/off “Blackout Day” option. In this case website will show black screen (click demo link below to view the screenshot) and return 503 status (no problems with search engines) on 18th January 2012, 8:00AM – 8:00PM (server time).
By placing this box on our WordPress websites we are protesting against of SOPA.
You can see demo here: Stop SOPA.
- Upload folder “stop-sopa” (and its content) into your WordPress plugin folder (normally it is /wp-content/plugins/).
- Go to WordPress admin area and activate the plugin in plugin sections (like you do for any other plugins).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Stop SOPA” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Typos fixed
- Countdown added to protest box
- Settings page created
- Blackout Day option added
- Protest box position selector added
We are against of SOPA!